There are a handful of different products and tools that I use to run my blog. Everything listed on this page, I have personally tried and would recommend to readers. Some of these resources may help you with your online business.
Blog and Design
Web Hosting and Domain Name: BlueHost
- BlueHost was incredibly easy to set up and really affordable. You can manage multiple domains, and access all of your CSS and other files easily.
Blogging Platform: WordPress
- It took me a little getting used to, but WordPress is the only way I could ever manage a website now. It’s user-friendly and keep everything you might need in one place. You can customize, write, and monitor stats without having to go to another site.
Photo Editing: Canva
- Canva is free and easy to use. I use it to build and find inspiration for graphic templates. There are a ton of different elements you can use to build the perfect graphic.
Photo Editing: Adobe Photoshop CC
- Also takes a while to get used to, but there are a ton of tutorials online to learn how to be a Photoshop pro! I use it to design my graphics and all my logos and other images.
More Photo Editing: Image Resize Wizz
- This plugin reduces image sizes to keep page loading fast.
Favicon Uploader: Favicon XT-Manager
- I couldn’t figure out how to replace the standard favicon manually, so I installed this plugin to help me!
WordPress Theme: Farenheit by Pryanik
- Super user friendly and has a bunch of different stylistic options.
Efficiency: Broken Link Checker
- If you’ve checked out the Subscription Box Directory, you’ll notice I have a lot of urls to keep track of! This plugin notifies me if any of the webpages goes down.
- This plugin monitors spammy comments.
Spam: Bad Behavior
- More spammy comments prevention plugin.
Stats: Google Analytics
- One of the best ways to keep track of traffic stats. This plugin allows you to view reports without having to open up a new page.
Stats: Google XML Sitemaps
- This plugin allows you to create a sitemap to inform Google that your site exists. Helpful for SEO.
Contact and Forms
Newsletter/Email Service: Mailerlite
- Create welcome letter campaigns, contact forms, and monitor subscriber stats. Also comes with a plugin.
Form: Contact Form 7
- WordPress plugin that creates good-looking contact forms.
Form: Formidable Forms
- Another contact form plugin.
Comments: Comment Reply Notification
- Rather than scouring your site looking for new comments to respond to, use this plugin to notify you when it happens.
Social Sharing: Follow Buttons by AddThis
- This plugin makes pretty social buttons for your site to both follow you and share your posts on social media sites.
Ads: Adsense by Google
- Monetize your site by installing ads on your sidebar, footer, and throughout posts and pages.
Affiliate Links: Amazon Affiliates Program
- Another way to monetize by promoting products that you love and getting a commission when a reader buys it. Amazon has millions of different products for any niche and category.