This post may contain sponsored and affiliate links. Read the full disclaimer here.
Back in May, I got an Instagram message from Carolyn with Maybe Carolyn May, nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award that she herself had just accepted. We had only connected once or twice before, but I love her blog and think we had a lot in common. She’s a fun lady! Anyway, thank you so much, Carolyn, for the nomination. It’s always nice to get traffic and comments, but something like this is not as common, and I really appreciate the recognition! I love the blogging community, and how supportive everyone else is of one another. You don’t see this type of award in a lot other fields.
Rules for the Nominated…
Recognition comes with responsibility. There are just a few requirements that come with this award:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and make sure you include a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award!
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you would like to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link for the post you created.
Why I Started Blogging
There’s a post in the works about this. But I am an actor in the Chicago area, juggling income, classes, projects, and auditions. I was surfing Pinterest for ideas for more income and found out about blogging as a side hustle. I avoided it for a while, but I also started thinking about how I have to balance adult stuff and responsibility with entertainment and relaxation. I’d like to learn how to get a little bang for my buck (i.e. less work and more fun), and maybe help others along the way. I started the blog, it’s still in the works, but hopefully it will continue growing!What blogs and bloggers are you obsessed with? Click To Tweet
Advice for New Bloggers
I still consider myself a new blogger, actually. I don’t generate a lot of income or traffic. I’m also still sort of in the development phase, figuring out what works and what doesn’t. But I’d still love to help if I can, so others can at least get to the same place, and more!
- Monetize immediately. It may start out as a penny here and there, but I’d rather have that than nothing for the same amount of work! Even if you’re not pursuing this as a business, it never hurts.
- Get a healthy blog/life/work balance. If you are monetizing, it’s not going to be a lot at first. Make sure you are spending time earning income in other ways to support yourself, at least until blog income can replace or double what you make now. And don’t drive yourself crazy just blogging and working! How can you generate ideas without leaving the house once in a while? Go have fun, the computer isn’t going anywhere.
New Blogger Nominations
The following bloggers are a mix of real life friends and colleagues I’ve been lucky to meet in the blogger community. I am inspired by their growth, talent, and passion that clearly comes out in their content. They all work so hard, and I am excited to help a little with the payoff by recognizing them for this award. Please, go check out their work and support them!
1 Broke Actress
The Candid Millennial
The Confused Millennial
Diary of a Southern Millennial
Down the Ally
Everything About Her
The Modern Victorian
A Northern Girl
Simple Nutritious Life
Thank you again to Carolyn from Maybe Carolyn May for nominating me. And thank you to everyone who has joined me thus far in my blogger journey.
Who is Your Favorite Blogger?
What blogs and bloggers are you obsessed with? Comment below and share their link. Rising tides raise all ships!